What's the BEST product for my hair?

I have very long, very wavy/curly, full hair. I live in Georgia, and it's so humid! I'm a frizz ball! lol. What's the best product for me to use, if I want to keep my hair down and my curl in, but don't want to look like a train wreck?!

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 9:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i live in alabama and have hair like yours... what works best for me is the sunsilk in the green bottle, they have mousse that goes with it too
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 10:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• The Suave Kid's detangler. It comes in a green bottle, it's tear free, and is apple scented. If you can live w/the apple part, it's the best. My hair usually resembles a used q-tip, or I'm rocking the "stuck the finger in the light socket" look. I got that for my daughter and used it, and have used it everyday for three months. It works.
    It's in the children's section at walmart. I'm sure other stores have it, I've just not seen it.
    By the way, my hair is the same, just not so long. But thick, full, curly/wavy, and if I even think the word "humid" it's a frizzball.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Curls rock is one of the best to tame curly hair. try it you will not be disappointed. It comes in a blue tube and smells like heaven and it works which is a bonus to the way it smells. You don't have to use a lot either.

Also you can try any LUSH product. They are all natural and work great as well. My favorite is GOTH JUICE (I don't use it now because I am pregnant and the smell doesn't agree with me.) They all work, the shampoo, conditioner, hair products, face wash and lotions. I love that place but have to steer clear for awhile because of the smells.....which is killing me because I use to visit the place once a week.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• kiwismommy- i used to use that apple stuff on my sister's hair when she was little! i LOVE the smell!!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Aveda makes a product called Anti Humectant. Google it. Not sure if they carry it in Georgia. Or try Aveda's website. It may be a little pricey but you only need a little bit and it lasts.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I love Redken Glass, it comes in a small bottle at most salons, its about $13 but lasts forever!
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 10:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• try john frieda he has the frizz ease dream curls shampoo/conditioner and the curl perfecting spray. i love the spray it really makes curls pop. just spray on wet hair and comb through until its pretty well saturated and let air dry or use a diffuser.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• This stuff is amazing!!  Best styling product I've ever used, and it keeps your hair soft and smells so good.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=189131&catid=32542&trx=GFI-0-EVGR-49973&trxp1=10782&trxp2=189131&trxp3=1&trxp4=105&btrx=BUY-GFI-0-EVGR-49973

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I still Love & Adore and remember the Days of Original Ivory Shampoo & Conditioners! It was the Best! I tried Everything. Nothing compared to that Ever. Then I got some for my last Birthday! My DD found it and paid a great sum$ for it! I used it last to save my hair from Chemo. Lost it All 3' feet! Then I hoped to save it once I get hair once more! But DH was using it Up! Now I'm out and Sad! How I wish Proctor & Gamble would bring it back! It would solve many hair issues! Oh to Dream of a long lost Favorite Product! I hope you find what works for your individual hair! I'm wondering how my hair will come back!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• my hair is curly 2 . as soon as i come out the shower i just towel dry my hair and rub some hair grease in it usually blue magic and it stays down neat all day . sometimes i even put it in before i wash my hair and when i come out idk i just find it stays better :)
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2010