Tacky?! I think so.

My 6 yr old kindergartner received a birthday invite yesterday from a boy in his class. Along with all the basic info it clearly states (CASH-for a Wii). So they are blatantly suggesting that we give cash so this child can have a wii. I find this grossly rude, you? The party is also this Saturday - can you say short notice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's totally rude. We would not be going.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yep.. Incredibly rude.. Gifts are about the thought behind it.. It should not be about "this is what my kid wants so give it to him"..
    If you allow your child to go to the party, I would give money so that your child isn't singled out.. But I would make sure to attach a note to the parents letting them know that the only reason you gave money was to keep your child from being made fun of, and that you do not appreciate their methods..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 10:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Sure,give him cash,a dollar in a card! That is really rude.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• totally presumptuous. i would ignore the request for cash and buy the gift i would have bought anyway. if the kid has been raised to be self-entitled, he may not appreciate the gift, but that's life.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• me personally, unless this was a SUPER close friend, I wouldn't even bother going
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I look at it like this. I could either spend time trying to figure out what to get him and fail, or I could give $20 and he can get what he wants. I don't have a problem with it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i just would be sure not to give him cash... that is terrible!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I would not be attending! Forget the fact that they asked for cash, it's Saturday?! As moms we all know that it is not easy to be spontaneous with a family. I bet no one shows up for that party.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Rude!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• well if son doesnt go will he be upset? the problem with parents like this is they piss off everyone and their child sufferrs. I mean you and I know the 6 yr old didnt come up with that brainstorm, so why punish him for his parents rude ignorance? I would send my child with a card and money, but also small gift to open like maybe a book. is it your job to teach someone good manners ...nope. is it your job to teach your own child good manners? yep.Now if your child genuinely doesnt wanna go, then by all means dont make him.
    blowing off the party punishes the kids, not the parents. people like that obviously have no clue about social tact so writing them a "note" wont change anything, they are who they are.but if they god forbid ever say anythign directly about asking for money by all means let them kow your feelings on it-starting with that harms their child.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2010