Have you seen this site?

Conservative or Liberal, we all have ideas and thoughts. I like the idea that has come out that Americans might actually have an opinion that might make a difference. How do you feel?

http://www.americaspeakingout.com/

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• well... i hadn't seen it and took a brief look. frankly it sounds a bit trite. the same tired arguments on there as here - and you get to earn BADGES - seriously??? i didn't see anything on there about this being anything that would actually be communicated to congress. although i did a whois search and the site is registered to the office of the republican leader, john boehner. this guy is not at all interested in hearing opinions from all people - he has a very clearly outlined agenda. cafemom is at least not pretending to be something it's not...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I'm not signing up for a GOP site. When you sign up for Huffington Post, I'll sign up for this site.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It's taxpayer funded so I may as well go get the most bang for my buck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Thats ok Anon 10:38 It's not unusual for a Lib to not have any ideas
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i was going to comment about the taxpayer funded issue but wasn't sure if this was - sounds like someone here thinks so... funny how the other day there was a post complaining incorrectly that obama was encouraging people to call into radio shows on the taxpayer dollar and all the repubs were complaining (note the site was paid for by the democratic national committee). such hypocrisy...

frankly i don't see the point of putting my views on a GOP site for absolutely no purpose. I prefer to participate in real groups that make real change instead of just lip service.
    Anonymous

• I think the idea of speaking out is what's most important. I had an interesting interview this morning with the backer of a local "stop WalMart" measure. And what struck me most was that he most wanted the citizens of his community to be able to speak out. He said he was going to hold a community celebration on Wednesday, even if his measure LOSES.

I think that it's really important that we DO have a chance to have our say. BUT that also has to be tempered with what is RIGHT. Prop 8 in CA was a chance for voters to have their say...but I believe history will view them the way they do the military leaders who wanted blacks segregated in our armed forces. Harry Truman did the right thing in forcing them to deal with an integrated military.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010