Have you seen any June bugs your way?

Usually by now we have June bugs all over in the ground. I haven't seen many our way. How about you? 'Can't say I'm missing them. Just curious. Funny weather here. How about by you?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I live in northcentral IL and yes we have tons. same as every yr this time and I hate them. cant have my screen door open because its covered in them trying to get in. fly into my face when I am out at dusk, sooo anooying. be grateful you missed them this yr lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• What is June bugs,what do they look like?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• arent those roaches? no i dont have bugs. i live in OH and we just seem to get tons of mosquitos.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Haven't seen any here in northern VA.  A lot more large black ants than usual, though.

mamaofficer ~ June bugs are beetles. Here is a link to help you learn about them. I think there is a link within the link to see an image of them. Hope this helps:  http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/gaston/Pests/junebug.html

Our weather here has been up and down crazy, which is why everyone has been sick more than usual. We've had a lot more rain than normal and the high humidity has kicked in early. We had some tricky weather for a couple of months where it would be up in the 70's and 80's one week and then down into the 50's the next. Crazy!

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• We usually don't see them until July...even tho they are "June" bugs.

Mamaofficer....they are also called Japanese beetles. They are brown or green. The green ones are pretty. Anyway, they eat my azaleas to pieces and are kind of annoying. They are very sturdy little beetles. When I was a kid we used to catch them and tie thread around one of their legs and let them fly on our "leash". Now that I think about it, that's kinda mean, but it was fun, lol.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• arent those roaches?

Not even close...and they are outdoors. They wouldn't survive inside the way a roach can.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• when i was a kid we went to a condo. there was these roach - like thing the locals called june bugs... i will be damed if they didnt look like roaches.. so i will look at that link. maybe they were just lying about the condo infestation... idk!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I'm in SW PA and I haven't seen any yet....probably soon though!
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Here in Houston, Tx we have seen them..
    Infact 1 scared the crap out of my 3.5yr old dd in the pool the other day, the bug was swimming around & dd wanted to save him, so she went to pick him up & if you have ever held a June Bug you know they kinda latch on..
    She gave out the bigggggest wailling cry in fear we thought she got stung by a bee or something.. My heart sank for her! And that poor june bug, lol...
    Next time we see one we plan on showing her they will not hurt! But the last one got flunk across the yard so no lesson there.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Eastern NC here and haven't seen them yet.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2010