is there any other breed that a doberman can be passed off as or even a mix breed?

i am going to be moving soon and where we are moving i can NOT have vicious breed dogs we have a doberman now and she is the biggest baby i know she is hyper like a lab her ears are not cropped and she loves attention. my nieghbor thinks i can pass her off as a whippet lab mix and i have been told dobermans originally were made from greyhound rottwiler mixes. so are there any non vicious breeds that you think i could pass a doberman off as and get away with since her ears are NOT cropped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pets

• you could say whippet mix and leave it at that. but I have to say a dobie has the long snout and if you have a landlord that knows dogs, you really cant miss the snout. but try the whippet mix, if they say "mixed with what" say
    "she is a whippet mixed with a big pile of wimp". lol good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• or a whippet mixed with scaredy cat-that would be a good one! lol sorry need more coffee.
    Bearsjen

• dogs are as mean as the owners make them try to get a statment from the vet and see if that will work,sounds like the ppl your moving to are ignorant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My doberman never had her ears or tail cropped and everyone thought she was a coonhound.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• yeah you could say whippet and black and tan hound dog??? Never know it could work..
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 11:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• well my doberman has the tail cropped but not the ears the tail was already done when we bought her
    Anonymous

• Tell them she's a black and tan coonhound mix. google a picture...
    Anonymous

• Whippets are small dogs. They also do not come in black and tan, nor do labs.

If you have to move then instead of lying (which is not a great lesson to teach your children) try and find a place that will take many breeds of dogs.

Black and Tan coonhounds have longer ears and are larger dogs. Their tails are long as well.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 3:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• um Acid actually yes labs do come black my dad has a pure bred all black lab and my sister had one growing up
    Anonymous

• ok my advice if you are going to lie about your dogs breed get a lawyer on speed dial! your dog may be very sweet but if it turns on a neighborhood child you will face a lawsuit and your landlord will most likely evict you! your landlord has a good reason for not wanting a known vicious breed on the property....I would look for another rental property....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 5:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2010