Has anyone tried the Sun-In hair lightener?

i used it long ago when i was a teen and i remember it did lighten my hair but i cant remember if it made it dry out or not. so im just looking for anyone who has used this product!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My sis used it when she was a teen (my hair is too dark!) and it worked, but not sure about the dryness. I will be looking at your answers though - my daughter wants to try it and I told her maybe the lemon juice version (they used to have one that was more "natural")

Answer by missanc at 11:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• well i am african american with black hair and it worked well to lighten my hair. i remember it had golden blonde streaks all through. i just dont want to put it on and have dry, crispy hair, you know?
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It takes nutrients out of your hair and causes alot of build up. My hair is thin so when I used it I got alot of split ends and breakage
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Oh but if you do decide to use it you should also use a clarifying shampoo (purell works really well) once aweek that helps with the build up.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I always used it back in the 80's. I loved it, but it was the 80's. I think it became brassy and I definitely had roots. It dried my hair out. They have probably improved it by now, though. I have dark hair. If your hair is lighter, it might look better.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010