A Bible question

Ok so yesterday I over heard this man saying that there is a spot in the Bible that says a woman ate her own son! I have never heard of this and I thought I kinda knew the Bible....is this in the Bible? If so where?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never head of it either
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• 2 kings 6:28-29
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Cannibalism is mentioned several times in Scripture (Leviticus 26:29; Deuteronomy 28:53-57; 2 Kings 6:28-29; Jeremiah 19:9; Lamentations 2:20; 4:10; Ezekiel 5:10), yet is NEVER banned or forbidden in these verses. So, take your pick.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yes, in 2Kings the king of Syria attacks and cuts off the food supply of Samaria. Because of this the people are starving... Below is 2Kg 6: 26-29

(26) One day as the king of Israel [g] was walking along the top of the city wall, a woman shouted to him, "Please, Your Majesty, help me!" (27) "Let the LORD help you!" the king said. "Do you think I have grain or wine to give you?" (28) Then he asked, "What's the matter anyway?"

The woman answered, "Another woman and I were so hungry that we agreed to eat our sons. She said if we ate my son one day, we could eat hers the next day. (29) So yesterday we cooked my son and ate him. But today when I went to her house to eat her son, she had hidden him."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• If the two women would have listened to the prophet of God, they wouldn't of gone through what they did.
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 2:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2010