If you don't like someone's joke and/or question, then why do you answer it?

If someone has posted a joke or some sort of question that you really don't intend to give a relavent answer to, then why answer it? I see people post answers that are blatently mean all the time. I'm all for freedom of speech, but what happened to a little diplomacy and tact? Just wondering.

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 10:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• because sometimes people need to be told that they said something stupid, otherwise they'll keep doing it with no sense of shame. i don't believe in the whole "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" thing. it's dishonest and it dumbs everything and everyone down. if you never tell an idiot that they are an idiot, they'll never know. i also believe, however, that you don't have to be a big meanie asshole to call someone an idiot. tact!

that being said, sometimes i have nothing to add at all, not a nice or useful answer, and not a funny or sarcastic (mean) answer, so i don't say anything. i never answer anything anonymously, and i generally never answer any questions that are posted anonymously except on rare occasion. if it's worth saying i'll put my name on it, and if you want a half decent answer in the first place you'd put your name on your question (which you did, and which is why i'm answering)
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 1:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• because we have the right to voice our opinion
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• because we can....I thought we were here to give our opinion even if its not favorable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

______________________________________

yes, of course, but I don't see a need to be mean.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• hmm that is true but some people just are
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• People get off on confrontation and think its fun to belittle everyone else. Do you notice that the most that are that way always goes Anonymous when they answer. Crazy that they dont want people to know who they are when they do it.....
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I leave questions I cannot see answering or I have nothing to say.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Don't worry about others' attitudes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• They have a right to give their opinion and just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it mean.

If someone tells a joke and someone replies to it saying "that's stupid" then that's not rude really...it's just their opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, this reply is stupid. I'm just giving my opinion no?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2010