How active is your child?

My son is 17mon. And he goes non stop!! I thought it was pretty normal but lately people are commenting on how "busy" he is. He doesn't sit still for any length of time. He hardly stops to eat. I just wondered if this is normal and if it is why does everyone make such a big deal about it.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Never known someone to make a big deal about it except that he keeps his weight run off so he only weight 24 lbs and he is almost 3 but granted his father nor I were ever really big people either. He goes non stop. The only time he ever sits down is to eat but he is constantly moving when he is eating too. I am not concerned with it. Let him run around like a wild Indian if he wants to. It keeps him happy.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• you haven't met my kids lol. Mine are 5 years and 2.5 years. My 5 year old is nonstop she is running, jumping, yelling singing and dancing all day long from the time she gets up until she goes to bed and I cannot get her to go to bed until after 10 or 11 most nights. She will watch tv but she doesn't sit to do it she is doing something while she is watching tv and she only watches tv when her sister is napping and while it is bedtime. She is so active even since she was ababy she stopped her naps at 1.5 years. My 2.5 year old is also on the go nonstop. She hardly eats. She will not watch more than like 10 seconds of tv. She is into everything she climbs on everything. She does however go down for naptime and bedtime pretty easy for me, but wakes at 7am and at it again lol. I think it is normal, but then again I am use to it lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My 20 mo grandson is very active. We just put a doggie door in and now that's his new favorite thing to do, go in and out the doggie door. He likes to play in places where no one is watching so going through the doggie door must seem like going to another world!

He will sit to watch music videos. He loves music and I started playing James Blunt to put him to sleep for naps when he was aroung 7 mo. His tastes have expanded. He has even been to concerts, he had been to see Owl City and the Star Wars concert.

He will often go go go until he collapses asleep.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My son is Super active too - he is 2-1/2 and we often get told and say we have no idea what the's running on because he also doesn't like to nap or sleep well. I remember when he was 12 months old I would bring him to this infant toddler class and I was literally sweating chasing after him and I watched all the other parents sitting playing with their kids and wondered if my son was "normal" too because he was off the wall never sitting still - he is still this way - he's just busy - he JUST recently will sit for 20 minute's while eating breakfast on a tray watching cartoons - which was the only was I got him to actually sit and eat - He is very much on the go all the time -at first I somewhat envied those parents with kids who would cuddle or sit and play but I am getting the hang of it and LOVE every minute of it..! except when I am sick of course - ! lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Everyone has ALWAYS commented on how busy my DD is. She is 2 yrs old. She is a very active child. She runs, plays, jumps, sings from the time she wakes up till she goes to bed. She rarely takes a nap anymore and when she does I can not get her to calm down and go to sleep until 11! How active she is though...I'm pretty used to it. From like a week old she always wanted to stand while i was holding her and for hte first year or so everytime someone picked her up she would kick her legs lol. She is very active and strong for her age. I'm definitely going to get her into some sports early on :) GL ..it's normal. OH and she actually does sit and watch tv...but only Dora and Little Einsteins. She sings to it all the time lol.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2010