Hospital bag... What is the one thing that you wish you had of brought with you?

I started packing my hospital bag yesterday and I think I got most everything that we don't use on a daily basis. What is the one thing that you wish you had of brought with you?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have a hospital bag cause I was sent to L&D by emergency at 33 weeks. It was up to DH to pack it for me.

The one thing he forgot that I missed the most was underwear!!! The hospital's version was a complete joke.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• well, if you forget anything, just send SO to go get it. HAHAHA! but i wish i had my computer... i got bored. i took extra thank you notes so i could fill them out as people brought flowers and such... my mind wasn't all there, so i couldn't really remember who gave what... it would've been worse if i waited to get home.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 11:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I wish I'd thought to bring the baby book to start filling it in while I still remembered everything clearly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Oooh, baby book, that is a good one. Thanks.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I forgot my own shampoo. They will give you some cheap stuff if you forget...but I really wanted to feel normal....you know, same smell and feeling...not cheap stuff...lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Tums! I had heartburn so badly though my labor and made my husband go get some. The things I used most were gum and chapstick.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Tums... good one. Wouldnt have thought of that and I have had horrible heartburn. Thanks!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• a shirt....yes when my bag was being packed I thought to pack everything but a shirt, lol, thankfully my husband had a t-shirt and button down shirt that he was wearing and he let me have the button down luckily it was big enough to fit my still bloated belly.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Don't forget Slippers!!!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I forgot my own soap and shampoo, the kind at the hospital sucks horribly
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 4:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010