Classes for babies

My little man is almost 7 months old and I'd like to enroll him in classes/activities which would be fun for him and beneficial developmentally.
We're going to be starting a music class in a few weeks called Music Together which somebody on here recommended but I wanted to know if you had any other suggestions or good experiences with classes for babies.

(FYI, we live in Dana Point, CA)

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't count on classes teaching your baby in ways that will have lasting impact. It's a fun thing to do to get out of the house. Some other fun classes are yoga and swimming. Different communities have different things offered.

La Leche League was very active when my kids were babies and toddlers. LLL isn't jus about breastfeeding. There are other mother's groups and you can make lifelong friends. Some groups have educational activities for the kids or talk about things moms can do with kids.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Swimming, IDK what age they start there, but baby gymnastics was always a fun one. At that age IDK if there is a whole lot.. Maybe try and find some women to have play groups with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Check with your local parks and recreations department - around here they have lots of low cost classes/playgroups for little ones and moms.

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• they offer Kindermusik classes for little ones - the group you all would be in is the newborn - 18 month group. they're fun!
    it looks like this place is near your town - http://www.musicndance4kids.com/home.html

or what about mommy and me yoga?
    amynashville

Answer by amynashville at 4:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2010