Schools out!! Are your kids driving you crazy already???

Mine are. Theyare always bored have nothing to do then why in hell don't they shorten the summer break?? Or do year round. If a poor country like Mexico can be outta school for only two weeks in the summer why can't the US do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope, mine is still in school for another two more weeks. I'm looking forward to getting to spend more time with her over the summer break.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Nope. My daughter is a really good girl. And she normally gets to play with her cousins or her friends. How about organizing some activities? Take them fishing or something. A tired child is a good child. ;)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Op mine are 13 ,12 and 7 and they are so bored stiff they have nothing to do the swim park is out cuz my 13 and 12 yr old hate it of course the park is out what is a fun activity to do with kids this age that don't cost money?
    Anonymous

• we dont get out of school until June 17
    Anonymous

• Yes! Mine have been out for a week already. We live in a tiny town that doesn't have anything, the only park is too far away for my kids to bike to and when I have to get stuff done I can't be sitting there with them (they're not old enough to drop off) and I don't have the time or money to schlep them an hour away for fun stuff all the time. I bought some craft kits, but don't know how long that'll last. I'm just glad our weather's cool enough the last couple of days for them to be outside more than normal. It would help if I could get their playroom done but that's a huge project by myself right now!
    Anonymous

• I so agree with you. My daughter is out and she is driving me insane. I am bored this and I'm bored that. and if she not bored wants to eat for no reason. I love my kids but goodness I can't wait for august to come. I can't occupy her all day and I can only do so many activities and then she is on her own and she can't find anything to do
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yep my twin 4 year old boys, 5 year old daughter and 9 year old son bicker non-stop. It's constant "MOM! (insert name) hit me!" "MOM! (insert name) is bossing me!" "MOM!" it's non-stop. I love my kids and I love spending time together but there is only so much bickering a person can take.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Lol, mine get out today, but I'm sure by tomorrow they'll be driving me up the wall.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 12:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Even w/homeschooling we have "I'm bored" days. Is it possible to arrange playdate w/their friends? Does your local park district have schedule-structure activities? Our local park district has these things all you have to do it show up at the park and it's FREE. The kids paint, play dodge ball, or other activities. Friday's have a fee seeing it's a field trip day, but if you can't afford the trip then just don't send them on Fridays. In addition to this our local park district also has music in the park and other shows/performances. Again they are FREE to attend. We don't go to everything, but do try to have at least set activities 3 times a week. Even if you don't homeschool you can give them activities to do or books to read or things to learn. This can help them when they go back to school and curb the I'm board. We make lapbooks

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well then you can do one of two things. Move to good old Me-he-co or stop having kids if they make you crazy.
    Anonymous