Swimsuits? How?

I just CAN NOT find the right swimsuit for me. I am very slim, but not toned.[working out to fix that] My baby jelly belly is still there so I need a one piece but I can't find anything that looks like it would be flattering. Where did you buy your bathing suit? What style is your fav and why?

Cafe Chastity

Asked by Cafe Chastity at 12:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I agree with CAGirl4, tankini's are a lot more flattering to your body than a one-piece (and more comfortable in my opinion), and you don't have to worry about your "baby belly", a tankini will also leave room to show off your nice curves instead of making you look like a board. I wore tankini's after the birth of my son because I have extra skin that can only be fixed with a tummy tuck and I also have to have umbilicoplasty because my pregnancy caused me to have a belly button hernia and it won't ever go back in unless I have surgery. Good luck! I'm sure you will find a perfect tankini that will make you look great! :)
    WeezySueWong

Answer by WeezySueWong at 12:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• try a tankini. I love www.hapari.com. They have really cute tankinis!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I'm all about the tankini - I buy a bottom that's flattering (lately, a skirt-y style) and a top that's long enough, maybe slightly ruched on the sides, v-neck to show my assets ;). I cannot do a 1-peice for anything!
    Anonymous

• Victoria's Secret. They have nice one pieces and tankinis. Though I don't see how a tankini would hide your belly it will ride up when you move.
    Anonymous

• I love a tankini! They were great after I had my son, and i'm looking for another couple for after I have my baby in July. You can buy fuller coverage bottoms with a high rise, so even if the tankini top slides up, the bottoms will still be covering the tummy. And I'm short, so the tankini tops are usually long enough on me that it isn't a problem. One of my tankinis is by Bitten (the Sarah Jessica Parker brand, but I'm not sure if they're still selling it??) and the other I bought at a little beach shop. Now I'm looking at one from VS and one from Old Navy - they both have really cute styles and you can mix and match bottoms for just the right coverage!

Answer by missanc at 1:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010