what happens when we die?

what do you believe happens when we die? do we go to heaven, hell, pergatory, created into some other being, or are we just worm dirt? or do you believe something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Our Physical body simply turns back to dirt (unless we are embalmed then we may last forever)
    But I believe out spirit returns to the Underworld and remains there as a "guardian angel" or "guide" for those loved ones which still remain here on earth. I believe that we are connected to those we love and as long as we are remembered on earth we are not reborn. Once we are no longer remembered on earth we are free to be reborn. I believe that we continue this cycle until our spirit has achieved all the lessons it was meant to learn. Once we have learned all the lessons we were meant to our spirits will descend in to the Elysian fields (paradise) to remain for eternity in peace and beauty!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Generally speaking you're either buried or cremated. End of story.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Those who have done good, go to Heaven. Those who have done bad, go to Hell. Those who need to be cleansed of their sins, go to Purgatory and then descend into Heaven.
    Anonymous

• if you believe in jesus AND you have asked him into your heart you go to heaven if you have not you go to hell
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• . Those who need to be cleansed of their sins, go to Purgatory and then descend into Heaven.

Don't you mean ascend?

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• As a born again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again Pagan, I believe in reincarnation.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I believe it's a transition from phsyical world to spiritual world. Where that is or what it's called, I don't know, but I do believe there are different levels.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I plan to be cremated.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Wow MamaK - how long did you just take to type that out?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I don't know for certain as I haven't been there. At least not ALL the way there. IMO, the afterlife is a sea of white light. At the top it is so bright that your human eyes wouldn't be able to take it, and stretching out so far that you can't see the end of it. The higher spirit beings live here. Angels, spirit guides, animals, those who have found their path, those who helped others. Towards the bottom, it gets darker. It is a prison for those who have lived dark and destructive lives. Murderers, rapists, the violent, and souless and demonic spirits. In the middle it is neither completely light nor completely dark. If you haven't been sure whether your life was worthwhile or if you ended it by suicide, you'll be here. Each level of the other side is like a classroom in a school. If you learn what you need to know, you graduate. If you don't...well, you stay. No eternal fire. Just an open mind.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010