Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would I qualify for assistance if we get divorced or even legally separated?

My husband and I are having problems. Major communication problems. I know that I've said that divorce shouldn't be an option, and it hasn't gotten to that point quite yet, but I am just trying to be smart and figure out what options I do have. I make $10.07/hr and work full time. I do get awesome health insurance. I'm just wondering about rent though...without having to move into one of the apartment buildings in town that really do draw some questionable people(at least in our town), I want to find a house to rent. Is there assistance for renting houses or is it just apartments? I can't seem to type in the right thing on Google to find what I'm looking for. Any advice will help...thanks ladies!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • Google housing assistance for your area. I know that here in IL we have the Homeless Protection Program that offers assistance for rent, utilities, etc and it's NOT based on income, it's based on need.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • I have a friend who has gotten section 8 assistance with a rental house and also some pretty prestgious apartments. Just call and ask if they accept it! There are a lot of options for asisstance, my friend got a good bit. Until she got her RN.

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.