Formula at 14 months on top of a full calorie diet?

My coworker was telling me that after her son turned one, he threw up after he tried milk the first time. She has not given it to him since and he does not go back to his pedi until next month. He eats a lot and he gets plenty of calories from those foods. Since she does not want to try milk again, she is still giving him formula (4 8oz bottles/day and it is milk based). She said he is packing on weight now. I suggested she cut out some of the formula and call her pediatrician. I am not bashing in any way, but does anyone have any experience with this? She is not sure what to do and since I have no experience with formula at all, I figured I would ask here! (asking anon for the sake of my friend! )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try doing half milk, half formula and easing him into it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My son had formula and lots of healthy food until 14 months. I was using up all the formula and waiting to go back to the doc for his checkup. He was still using an entire can of concentrated formula a day, plus breakfast, lunch and supper. He wasn't packing on weight. It won't kill him to still get it. The doc will help her out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010