Is it worth more?

Do you get Jesus bonus points if you tell someone how terrible you think they are and tell them you're praying for them instead of just keeping it to yourself and praying privately? Do the people who insult everyone who disagrees with them get a bigger cloud or something? Just not seeing the appeal in purposely pushing as many people away from your religion a you can while at the same time claiming that you are supposed to recruit as many as you can, so that you are "doing your job" by insulting people and making them distrust all people who share your faith a little bit more based on your sole actions.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmm I think you're feeling just as snarky as I am today. LOL
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• HaHa... Jesus Bonus Points! To funny!

I think we should just start telling people we are going to "cast for them" or "ask the gods to open their minds" see how they like it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Didn't you know? Its one of the principal factors taught at militant witnessing camp, for earning jewels to be set in your crown when you pass through the pearly gates!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• So are the jewels like those clear platic stickers that adorn my children's "Pretty Pretty Princess" crown or are they more like the Miss America tiara adorned with Swarovski crystals?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Mocking religion? There are no bonus points for anything. Personally I find it offensive when someone says "Oh I'll pray for you" when they don't agree with you.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I think they've got to be something more middle of the road- like Dimonique... Jesus shops @ QVC, right?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It was more of a "You're evil, you're worthless and I'm going to pray for your misguided souls you evil children of satan"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well, der. It's hard to act holier than thou (literally in this case) if you keep it to yourself. The hilarious part is that everyone knows they're not praying for anyone. It's merely empty words used to try and belittle someone which is even worse. Does anyone honestly believe these people are kneeling down muttering to themselves asking for non-believers to believe? Umm...no.

And from now on whenever I'm told someone's praying for "my eternal soul" I'm totally writing to Santa and asking him to send them clarity and logic for xmas.
    Anonymous

• They get an extra cookie in heaven if they convert us. Or angel food cake?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I spend time every now and then to pray for non-believers that i don't know. Those that I do know, that I am close to I spend a lot more time praying for their souls. It is my job!
    Anonymous