MALES??????

Do males have morning sickness? Do they experience any type of sickness? If so does it happen in the beginning of his partners pregnancy? When I was prego with my first child I didnt experience any sickness and didnt even know I was expecting, but the father got really sick for a few days, Please tell me what you know, Thank You

MaryLynn777

Asked by MaryLynn777 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of sympathy pains....lol But that's rare :) Not many men have sympathy or even a clue of what the mother goes through! lol
    Anonymous

• with my dd he got morning sickness right along with me about half the time. even when we were not together. like if he was at work sometimes he would just feel really sick to his stomach. he also gained about 10 lbs. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My hubby had sympathy pains. He was throwing up every morning, had headaches and backacts. I felt really sorry for him cause he is never sick but it stopped after about a month. he is fine now. It happened with my last pregnancy but not with my first
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It's called "couvade syndrome" and it really exists.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• The only time my husband got sick was when I would run into the bathroom while he was in there and throw up. Usually he was in the shower so he didn't have to see me doing it, but the noise upset his stomach. After a couple weeks he got use to it though.
    Anonymous

• My husband got nauseous the first month or so with all three. With our last one he also had backache, headaches, and gained weight. He also woke up with cramps in his stomach about 3 hours before I went into labor.
    Anonymous

• I think it has a lot to do with how close you are as a couple and how "in tune" with each other you are. My husband didn't really get "sick", he's a pretty tough man, but he complained of feeling "off". He also gained weight during all of my pregnancies. For the first two he knew I was pregnant before I did. And he could always predict when I was going into labor. He knew hours before any symptoms of labor set in.
    Anonymous

• Actually, I've heard references to the hormones that a preggy woman puts out and that they affect the chemistry of the husband especially because he's around more than anyone else.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It's possible, though not common.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 3:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010