I can not get my almost 2 year old to go to sleep alone anymore

For almost a week my 21 month old is REFUSING to go to sleep period! He used to be so good, just lay him in his crib at nap or bed time and he would just go to sleep. But now he will just scream and cry untill you come back. It is like he wants me to stand there and watch him fall asleep. I have tried just leaving him to cry his self to sleep and that does not work. He just gets more and more upset. I know he is tired but just will not go to sleep. Please help me!

Wonderland912

Asked by Wonderland912 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oooH... I can get my son to go to bed, its when he wakes at night He does this to me - I can't leave him or he gets hysterical.. so when you figure out this answer maybe you could send it to me too and I can try it at mindight and 2 every night - Good luck- I know its tough.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2010