I think I messed up. Not sure what to do now.

A little background info- I work at a daycare and here lately our paychecks have been late and some of the paychecks have even bounced. I use to work 40 hours but my hours have been cut down to about 15-20 a week. I decided that it was time to start looking for another job. I put in some applications and I got a call this morning while I was at work. Normally, I don't answer my phone, but I was expecting a call from my son's teacher. When I answered it was about a job that I had applied for. Anyways, she asked me if it was a good time (one child was crying, and it was very loud in the room). I told her honestly it is not a good time at the moment because I was at work, but I would be available after 12:30 and I asked her if she could possibly call back then or if I could call her then. She gave me her cell phone number and asked me to call around 1 o'clock. Cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• You didn't mess up. If you don't hear back from here today, (keep in mind things for her may have gotten busy) then call her back at the office at your earliest convenience tomorrow.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• As long as you explain to her you were expecting an important phone call and had permission from the center director to take the call so it doesnt seem that you are one to answer the phone at work.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Cont... I called at 12:50 but she did not answer so I left a message. So my question is, It is now almost 2:30 and I have not heard back from her. Should I call her back again? If so, should I call her cell phone or her office phone? Also, what can I do differently next time? I feel like I messed this up. I really want this job, but I have to continue to work until I get another job. TIA!

Anonymous

• no, don't call back... if you stalk her it will turn her off
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Don't worry about it. Some people only check their voicemail once a day. If you haven't already gotten a response by the time you read this, wait a day or two at most then call again. Remember, there is a fine line between persistance and harassment.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• That's not a big deal. She's probably very busy and will call you back when she can.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2010