Pet allergies

Can someone be allergic to mice but not dogs? I know someone who claimed she was allergic to mice when her bf kids wanted to get a pet mouse. She has a dog though. The kids older brother thinks that she is just being mean and not wanting the kids to have any pets. I guess they have asked for other things too, not sure what I didn't ask the brother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pets

• well since you can be allergic to cats, and not dogs. (or visa versa) Then i would think you could.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Of course you can. You're misunderstanding how allergies work. It's not a yes/no question for all animals. You can be allergic to any one thing without it meaning you're allergic to all things (or animals). My son is severely allergic to cats, but we own 3 dogs because he's not allergic to them (proven by annual allergy testing).
    Anonymous

• Every animal, plant, food, chemical, they are all seperate allergies.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• You cant bathe a mouse like you can a dog. Also if you use pine shavings those are a killer when you have allergies. The urine is also an issue with allergies. My doctor told me its simple a dog is the easiest with allergies and asthma which I have both bad. I bathe my dog once a week and wipe her down with baby wipes daily in between baths. But a key thing to bathing is use shampoo and conditioner. The conditioner keeps the dander down. I use V05 peach scent. Its great! You cant tell the sufferer they have to suffer, its a miserable thing for us allergy sufferers.
    genav

Answer by genav at 6:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I don't see why not... BUT it is more likey she is scared of mice but claims an allergy. Who knows
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010