new home: toy question.

we just puchaced a home. We have set aside $2,000.00 to spend on things for the kids. We have a nb and a 3 year old. As of now they have a toy box full of toys thats it. We are moving from a small apartment maybe 800sq ft to a 2,000 sq ft home. It sits on a 1/2 acre of land. We want to do something special, special little pool, trampoline, tree house/club house, little kitchen set. Im not sure what to get them. Help of what your three yearold liked would be nice. We dont want to waste our money and want to get them something they will use or like. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We just got one of those little plastic cottages, made by Step Two, I think. I have a 3 year old and a two year old and so far they LOVE it. Another idea is a sandbox- if you get one, get one with a lid so you don't have a cat poop problem. We've been through that and eventually had to give it up - no lid. My kids could play in a sandbox for hours!!! It would be fun to have whatever it is set up when they arrive. have fun!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• sandbox, swing set(that had mokeybars and climbing rope), my son loved his kitchen/store set with all the fake food.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I would say a sandbox, swing set and wading pool. Your kids are far too young for a trampoline. Maybe one of those Little Tykes climbing toys.
    Anonymous

• Discovery Toys are all educational, fun and come with a LIFETIME GUARENTEE. So you will not be waisting any money! :) Right now we are having a sale were you can save up to 45% . If you would like some help on ideas what would work with what devolpmental area you are working on you can call me. Have fun in the new house!!
    Bethe' Smith
    discoverytoyslink.com/akbethesmith
    crmommy@hotmail.com
    907-715-7867
    Bethesmith

Answer by Bethesmith at 2:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• You should invest in a swingset. It will last years. Congratulations on the house!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• @BetheSmith...you can't spell well enough for me to want to even look at your site you are peddling.
    Anonymous

• Forget the trampoline they are too dangerous and at that age skip a pool too. Buy a Swingset and/or a playhouse from little tikes or Step2. Step2 has a sand & water Table that's fun and comes with an umbrella. Go to Step2.com or littletikes.com. Best wishes!
    Anonymous

• swingset. it grows with them. we bought a little tykes country kitchen and paid a couple hundred for it. it was played with for only a few months before they got bored with it. but swings never got old, plus the neighbor kids came to our yard to swing too.
    Anonymous

• op here

So a swingset. I never had a trampoline or been on one. I have seen this big one at walmart and it has netting around it. I have seen them in back yards too. Do you all think its too dangerous even with the netting? My daughter is three.
    Anonymous

• So Sorry people are spamming you to death just because you posted about wanting toys.

Check out toys r us for sales this summer with swing sets. We paid $600 for ours and 2 weeks later went on sale for $400, so we just in time got a $200 price adjustment. So definitely look for the sales there on the swingsets. We got the Westvale wooden one. Also check out your local craigslist for all those toys, with 2,000 you can easily get everything you want for them at half the price!
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2010