Do you think that I did something wrong?

Last night I hung out with this great guy. We spent 5 hours together talking and watching a movie. While we were watching the movie, toward the end, I fell asleep. We both had to wake up early to take care of our kids (we are both single parents). When I woke up, he called me out on falling asleep and told me I was snoring and to go to bed. As he was getting ready to head home, he didn't give me a hug as usual and said, I gotta go take care of my son. He told me to text him today as he was walking out the door, and I told him to text me (I feel better when a guy texts me cause it make me feel more confident that they wanna talk still) and after a little back and forth, he said ok. He just seemed like he was no longer interested after I woke up... it was 3am in the morning. Am I reading into this too much? What signs should I like for so I know whether or not to move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• He was probably tired just like you. i wouldn't dwell on it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• If he is avoiding you, chances are he's just not that into you anymore. You didnt do anything wrong, he is apparently just a douche bag!
    jkcr21

Answer by jkcr21 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Would you really want to continue a relationship with someone who was so uptight that he lost interest because you fell asleep????! That sounds ridiculous cuz it is. If he was acting different it may have been the fact that he was tired. I for one am very grouchy if I am tired. You are reading too much into it. Relax, and let me text you first. Act like it doesn't bother you.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• You might just send him a text saying you're sorry for falling asleep but you were tired. Then let it go from there.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• did you snore? haha just kidding. at 3am, ANY single parent would be tired. relax, send the sorry for snoring text, and suggest a movie at his place next time and you bring the snack.
    Anonymous

• he was probably freaked out that he fell asleep and had to get home to his child, but it probably didnt help to bicker about the text, I would have just done it, it shows that you are confident enough to text him.
    Anonymous

• At 3 am, he was prolly tired... and maybe he thought with you falling asleep that he was boring but if he didn't want to hear from you, he wouldn't have said to text him I don't think.
    Only one way to find out... text and if he acts like he doesn't want to talk to you then apparently your snoring is a huge problem (am joking). If everything was fine before you went to sleep then it's prolly fine today :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Perhaps it wasn't you falling asleep, but the snoring turned him off (it happens). But...since it was late and he was tired, don't read too much into it yet. See what happens and how his messages are when he texts you. If he seems distant constantly now, I'd say he's backing off.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I remember the days of dating my dh and I would get annoyed and offended when he fell asleep. In hindsight, he was tired and I now realize it was childish of me to feel that way. Perhaps he felt this way or he was just tired. I would send him a text and apologize or make a joke about falling asleep. If he truly wants to end things because you fell asleep he wasn't much of a catch to begin with.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2010