Could it be tonsilitis?

My toddler has been sick since September. He is constantly congested and has large tonsils. On top of this, he gets a regular cold from daycare, about once every month or 2 and that brings on a fever. We have been to a few different doctors and they keep giving us antibiotics to kill infection.
I now believe that this isn't an infection. It is interfering with my work as well as his daily life. I have tried allergy medicine and that does nothing for him.
Does anyone think this is tonsilitis and that he'd be better with his tonsils removed?

secondbaby75

Asked by secondbaby75 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry he is having a rough time. I get tonsilitis alot too. It can be an infection. I asked for something other than amoxycillian last doctor's visit and I have been tonsilitis free for about 3 months (*crosses fingers*) lol Dont forget to change out his toothbrush or distill it somehow. Try a new med first before removal.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2010