we are planning on going on vacation to Flordia next year how long will it take to get there with 3 kids?

Mayquest says it takes 19 hours and 42 minutes to get from Akron, oh to Homestead florda. My 5 year old will be probably 6 at the time (potty trained since 19 months old), my 2.5 year old will be probably 3.5 at the time (been potty trained since 20 months) then it will be me and DH and my sister her DH and there DS he is going to be just over 3 when we go as of now he isn't potty trained (2 next month). DH says it will take 2 days to get down there with the kids. How long do you think? He is only planning to take a week off, but told him it is almost not worth it because I want to visit my aunt in homestead flordia and then go to Orlando flordia to disney world that is 4 hours from homestead. If it takes 2 days there then 2 days back right there is 4 days. Then if we go to Orlando florida that is 2 days so that is 6 days so leaves me only 1 day to see my aunt that i hardly ever see. I want to see her more than that.CON

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Travel

• i would try to drive straight through...take turns driving and napping. my dh would never do this though! we went from mi to va last year. the boys were 5 and 4, and the twins were 1. we stopped more for dh than for anybody else. we did it in 13 hours and mapquest said it should have been 12.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• so how long will it take to get there and back with 3 small kids and posibly 2 pregnant wives? LOL my sister and I were going to try to get pregnant at the ennd of summer lol. DH gets 88 hours of vacation, but only wants to take a week to go down there. And I don't think that will be enough time
    Anonymous

• Fly

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• At least 2 days, 2 LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG days.....
    Anonymous

• OP HERE....I thought it would be cheaper to drive down with all of us. My sister, brother in law, nephew, me, DH, our 2 kids and possibly my mom (not sure yet about my mom) plus DH wont fly he is scared of hights lol
    Anonymous

• Trust me,fly. A car full of cranky kids for even 18-19 hrs will make you want to pull your hair out! The extra cost will be worth it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• would try to drive straight through...take turns driving and napping. my dh would never do this though! we went from mi to va last year. the boys were 5 and 4, and the twins were 1. we stopped more for dh than for anybody else. we did it in 13 hours and mapquest said it should have been 12.
    good luck!

I don't drive and niether does my sister, but my mom, brother in law then my DH all drive so I figure between the 2 guys they could take turns
    Anonymous

I know what you are saying, but my DH says over and over that he isn't going to fly cause he says his feet aren't leaveing the ground lol
    Anonymous