How many think it's a joke?

How many think when you see these major millionare pop artist thanking god for their awards and triumphs a joke?

WonderWoman1979

Asked by WonderWoman1979 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wonder if they thank god for that dose of the clap they got on tour, too
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Like when 2 teams make it to the Superbowl both pray to God to win and only one team does which goes on to thatnk God for their victory over the other team?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Depends on the artist. Some I think are genuine.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• lmfao NotPanicking...that is sooo funny! haha! I am always asking the obvious questions and love it when we all can be silly with our answers :)
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well,I find it amusing because I really don't think God cares if you won a Grammy or not,and I'm sure He didn't help! Especially the hard core rappers that get up there and say it. That's right,God wants you to put women down in your songs calling them bitches and ho's!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• exactly butterfly! That is my point
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• yes..i want to thank god and my mutha
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Sometimes I believe its Genuine. Sometimes I think its to win more fans.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Auntie...you could very be right on that
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well,I find it amusing because I really don't think God cares if you won a Grammy or not,

There's a messageboard where they discuss tv shows, and a common expression there is "God is in the tub." It's used any time a reality show contestant talks about how they pray they win the next challenge, or how god made them win the challenge, or how they pray they don't get voted off. Because seriously, what god would give a damn if you survived getting voted off the island or were the first one to pour the most pudding down your pants and waddle through an obstacle course?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2010