Painting my bedroom! What is new in paint / decorating?

I am getting a new bedroom suit (cherry) and new comforter set which will be brown, gold and orangy / peach. I am thinking of doing something totally different like striping the back wall (wll that the bed is on) or making it a different olor than the other 3 walls. Is this stuff in style now? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I watched HGTV for about a year before I decided to paint anything in my house. lol
    If you go to Lowe's, they have these nice little coordinating cards and it helps to narrow your search a bit.
    You can go to the library and check out books to give you some visuals on style and color - or Barnes and Nobles is great too.
    I like the colors in your comforter and I think brown and black are very in style now.
    And dont forget Target for some modern inspiration.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Plain muted colors and dark trim, maybe 2 shades darker than the main color. I don't like the new looks in the magazines but am starting to see them show up in houses. I looked at a house yesterday with light gray walls and dark gray trim. Ugly Ugly Ugly.
    I would stick with something rather plain and traditional, without striking colors or striking contrasts, like ivory or light buttercreams with white trim if it is not stained wood. If you do a stripe, I would keep the colors very close in tone with a muted effect. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2010