What is the best?

I am going to be trying for baby number three in five months and I was wondering if anyone knows a good charting program. I am using fertility friend now and Hormonal Forecaster but I want something that will help predict my next cycle. Tell me when I am more likely to conceive a boy. I really want a boy so I am trying the shettles method. Thanks in advance!

tinaandavasmom

Asked by tinaandavasmom at 3:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you tried the VIP membership at www.fertilityfriend.com? If I remember correctly it will predict it for you.

Are you charting cervical mucus?

If you than you don't really need anything to predict your ovulation for you. All you have to do is chart your CM for a month and figure out how many days of fertile mucus you have because it will be the same every month. Then the next month have sex on the last day of fertile mucus if you are wanting a boy.

I had been charting CM for several months when we used the Shuttles Method to concieve our son so I knew how many days of fertile mucus I had. We had sex one time at 10 O'Clock at night on my very last fertile mucus day. I ovulated that night and found I was pregnant 14 days later when I passed my LP time. We had a baby boy last June. Easy Peasy.

My best used the shuttles method with all 3 of her children and it worked every time. I'm a believer. :)
    Anonymous

• FYI: The gender of the child is determined by the males. There is no way to predict the "best time" to conceive a boy.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Try Shettles Method.
    Anonymous

• Yes i am aware of that. Maybe I phrased my question wrong. What program will tell me when I ovulate and predict future ovulation? I want to have sex when I ovulate so the Y sperm get to the egg faster. Thanks in advance. Sorry if my question confused some.
    tinaandavasmom

Answer by tinaandavasmom at 3:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I read that book by shettles "how to pick the sex of your baby".I read it 2 times from front to back. To figure out exactally when I was ovulating I went to Walgreens and got an ovulation predictor kit called "answers", it was about $20. I used the ovulation kits for 3 cycles, by the 3rd cycle I knew the exact day I would ovulate 2 days before it happened and the signs to look for so I even could tell within hours that I had ovulated. There was quite a few strips in that kit so you can test your urine multiple times during the day. Then I did exactally as the book said and we got our boy!!!Alot people say this method is just a joke and there is no way to pick the gender, but after reading that book I figured it may just be possible, doesnt hurt to try.My mom used this book 20 years ago and got a boy after 4 girls.My sister used this book and got a boy after 3 girls. My other sister used the book and got a boy after 2 girls....
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I GOT CUT OFF- CONTINUED HERE
    I got a boy using this method, it was my first pregnancy. Also my aunt had 2 boys and wanted a girl, she had one after using the shettles method. It wont hurt to try to improve the odds!!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Thanks I hope it is that easy for me. And yes I do chart my mucus maybe not as much as I should. I will do that more regularly.
    tinaandavasmom

Answer by tinaandavasmom at 5:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010