breastfeeding and period?

My LO is 9 months and i exclusively breastfeed and she has solids here in there but not much. The past three months i have been getting random spotting. Not even enough to use anything and its only light light pink. It may last 3 days but very infrequent and sometimes nothing. Is this a period? I'm so confused. Also, lately i have been super moody and hormonal. Could this mean my body is gearing back up to start a period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You've self-diagnosed perfectly.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yes, but for me that went on for months before I actually got a period, so don't get your hopes up, LOL!
    Anonymous

• I started spotting like that around 10 months with both my children and got my period back at about 15 months with both my children (both nursed past 15 months old). Watch out though because you MAY be ovulating with the spotting and could get pregnant. We did not get pregnant until after I had a real period and then it was the first time after that, but our first was conceived our first time without birth control too so we are very fertile together I guess.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010