How did you deal with TTC after a stillborn?

My husband and I lost our infant son last year due to him being born stillborn. I haven't even considered TTC again until recently and we've decided we're ready. On the one hand, I am excited and thrilled about trying again. On the other, I'm scared and emotional. Last pregnancy, from the day I found out I was pregnant that was all I talked about and even thought about it. So I had thought that maybe if I didn't mention it to anyone until I was really showing that just maybe things would work out differently. Or if they didn't, not alot of people would know.. But at the same time, that's taking away from my happiness about the pregnancy. How did you deal with it? Did you tell people right away or did you just keep it to yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry for your loss. Personally, I would keep it between you and your until you start showing. It would be nice to have this as a secret you and he share ;) Good Luck and wishing a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby! Have fun TTC!!!!
    Anonymous

• We lost our daughter to stillborn in 2000,and we concieved again 4 months after she passed away. Yes,I was SO scared,but I figured the odds were in our favor that it wouldn't happen again. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I can truly say that I know what you're going through.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I feel you pain sister! It is tough no matter what you decide. After our first baby was stillborn, I then had three miscarriages and finally got pregnant and delivered my precious baby girl.
    It was a LONG 9 months and me, my family and friends did ALOT of Praying. You just wait until you feel comfortable telling anyone your pregnant. As far as how you deal with it - you can't spend the entire pregnancy waiting for something bad to happen, have faith and enjoy it ! I know, easier said than done.
    Anonymous