What to do with my step daughter for a WEEK this summer? SuggestionsPlz

Per my Dh's custody arrangement we have his daughter for two weeks in the summer. I am taking a week off from work and then my DH is taking a week off. I just do not not know what to do with an almost 13 year old for a week!!
Movie? Shopping? Oh, I also have very little extra $$ to spend but I would like to do a couple of fun things - any suggestions? Thanks!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 3:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Six Flaggs! lol
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Not a bad idea!!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• School shopping! Clothes and such. Make it a lunch date and a mall adventure.
    This would be great fun for you and her, rather than with her father.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• you can go to the mall and window shop. i could have gone to the mall every day when i was that age! a mani or pedi might be fun to do together. you can start looking for coupons now. what about an in home spa day...make your own sugar or mud mask, do your nails and hair? go to the beach? bike rides? ask her what she would like to do too.
    have fun!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Tell her what your interests are and see if she shares any of them. My daughter was having a hard time relating to my ex's girlfriend until my daughter discovered that she sews and is a good scrapbooker. Things I don't do. After then found a common ground things were much easier for them. See if she's into anything that she can teach you, girls love to teach. :) Even if it's something you know how to do, go along with it and let her show you. :)
    teamplayer

Answer by teamplayer at 8:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• indoor rock climbing is a really cool fun adventure and is a very bonding experience because you really have to depend on each other.

Anonymous