i cant make my self trust a baby sitter any advice.

my son is 17 mos old and i still cant leave him for more than a hour or two and this is with my mom. i just am so scared somethings going to happen to him while im out having fun. its really hurting my marriage b/c we have no date night with out baby. and im now pregnant with #2 and ide really like to go on a mini vacation with just my husband, but im scared to death to leavemy son with anyone. hes never had a baby sitter besides my mom or mother in law for an hour or so. i just feel like they are older and more laid back and that makes me nervous as a first time mother. any advice on leaving him with out feeling bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• People think I am crazy but I can't do this either - I wonder how other mother's just DO it and not worry .... we have date night at home after he is in bed.. dinner and movies whatever WE need- you dont' have to go out.. but I know for their sake too, it does help but my son is 2-1/2 and I can't let anyone but my mom watch our son either - at least know you are not alone here Lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i gave my dd up at two weeks to my mom...i was exhausted! i still get paranoid leaving my dd with family and she's 2, i worry something's going to happen...but i know she's in good hands and they won't let anything happen to her...sometimes you just have to make yourself do it...i felt bad at first, but dd's old enough to run and play, and she loves going to grandparents for the night....if anything, your son will love you more when you come back, because he hasnt seen you in a day or two...my advice: let him stay over night, just one night, and work your way up to your vaca. time..good luck! i promise it only gets easier the more you let them go!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I think 17m is too young to be left for more than an hour or two. And even then, you need to let it be someone you trust. Laid back isn't necessarily a bad thing. They raised you and your husband up to be adults... I doubt they're going to let anything happen to your baby. As a PP pointed out, there are other ways of reconnecting that don't involve going out, also.

Speaking as a mum of four, the oldest being six, the youngest two, no multiples... We've never gone out, never had a trip without our kids... But we're strong and happy. Dates are for couples... :) We're a family of six. lol

In the end, do what your gut tells you is right. Don't let anyone push you around. He's your son and you have to make the decisions that best fit your lifestyle.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 9:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2010