are visectumies(sorry on the spelling) really reversable?

im 24 and expecting my second child my husband and i really want to wait like 8-10 years and maybe have one more. i cant take birth control for medical reasons and i dont really want to have surgery( tubes tied) b/c its so risky. and ive heard that mens visectumie is just a doctor visit and reversable. any one know anything about them? how did your husband recover?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My FIL had it done twice, the first time was in his first marriage after they had thier first baby. Then he got it reversed when he married my MIL and then they had a daughter and son (my husband) And then he got It done again. So yes its reversible, Idk if its only for a certain period of time or not. But I would talk with your husbands doctor (or who ever is doing the procedure) about it first if you have any questions or concerns about it.
    Anonymous

• They are only reversible after a certain period of time. A friend had one done. He was fine after a couple of days. It's an outpatient procedure.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but it is costly and not always effective.
    It wouldn't be a good choice- dangerous for him to go through twice. There is a good chance that something happens when trying to reverse it and he gets hurt and then you won't be able to have more.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Vasectomies are reversable in theory. Some mens' vas defrens get so scarred up in there,there's no way its gonna happen.Why not freeze some eggs and get your tubes tied? I can't see putting my husband thru that TWICE!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• yes they are reversible. A friend of mine's DH had his reversed after their older 2 were 7 and 9. Now they have a 2, 10 and 13 yr old and are TTC again.
    I don't think many doctor's would reccommend a reversal. I know the doctor that did my DH's said that if he were to come back for a reversal he would not do the procedure.
    Anonymous

• Oh and I guess my FIL had no problems with it either time
    Anonymous

• my sis and her husband had it reversed and had 2 more kids. Something that noone else mentioned is that insurance does not cover this procedure so it is out of pocket and isnt cheap!!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• They are most the time and insurance doesn't cover the cost of the reversal and it is EXPENSIVE. If I were you I would think about the Paragard IUD. It is non hormonal and lasts for 10 years. You take it out and can get pregnant that month.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2010