I just had a C section 5 weeks ago and the ends of the incision still hurt to touch and the skin between my belly button and incision hurts to touch still

is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, it's a big/deep incision so it's gonna be tender for awhile.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I've had 2 c-sections and I was tender for longer than the 6 weeks they told me I would be.

If it's really red or oozing at all or if it's radiating heat then I would talk to your doctor because it could be an infection.

Chances are it's nothing though. Keep in mind that you had MAJOR abdominal surgery. It's not like it was just the incision that you can see that was made.

2 years after my son was born I would still feel tingling along my scar, not pain, just tingling. Only now and then though, not constantly.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Also remember, you're using those muscles all the time as well. So it's gonna be tender for awhile.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• in describing the skin between your belly button and incision, remember that underneath that the MUSCLES were cut apart to get to the uterus. So, yeah, it is tender for quite some time.
    Anonymous

• I remember mine bothering me for a while too. It will be numb in parts too.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2010