Can you recommend a good FREE website that I can use to teach my toddler his letters and numbers?

Ive got one year before he starts K and he will actually be 4 yrs old for a brief time when school starts. He will be one of the youngest. I need to get a move on this year. THANKS!

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 3:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• education.com (might be .org)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Starfall is one of the best. We just googled it. We tried "teaching alphabet" "preschool learning" "kindergarten learning" and it came up with a bunch that Kiwi did great with.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• starfall.com (or org..)
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Personally I would stay away from the computer, get some abc/number books, sit down together, and teach him. He'll learn a lot more with the personal interaction, and you can give him lots of relevant examples like counting his socks or finding items around your house starting with the letters.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Thanks ladies. Thanks annq.atlanta. I have loads of tools because I have lots of teachers in our family. I taught my now 8 yr old how to read. I just thought the website would be a treat for him.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Starfall.com is good for reading and math.
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 4:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• If you want to print out worksheets with the dotted letters for practicing printing letters and numbers try

www.handwritingworksheets.com

You can personalize them too.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i agree with starfall.com as well. my son loves it.
    Anonymous

• sesamestreet.org is a great website for kids. My 2yr old has learned the alphabet through some of their videos. Some of
    the videos are really good. My daughter will watch over and over. Books and flash cards are good too. Make a game out of
    finding letters that that he learned that day.
    erinetsuko

Answer by erinetsuko at 9:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2010