Sex after delivery

What was your first sex experience after delivery like? Did it hurt? Was your vagina feeling normal as it did before the pregnancy? How long after delivery did you wait. ? Were you scared? I want to know it all. I'm still pregnant and know nothing

Queentdi

Asked by Queentdi at 6:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Health

• well, the ob ususally recommends no sex for the first 6 weeks after delivery. Your body needs time to heal (well, I'm speaking after natural childbirth, I haven't had a c-section). If you end up giving naturally, that is what they will probably tell you. Also, I nursed, so it makes your a little dryer down there, so it was pretty uncomfortable the first time after. I'd just recommend lots of lubrication.
    aschwer

Answer by aschwer at 6:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Did it hurt : Yes
    Did it feel normal : No
    How long did I wait : Close to 3 months, when you only have to wait 6 weeks.

Sex still didn't feel "right" to me until nearly a year after my son was born, sadly it seems I've met many women here who have had the same experience. I'm not saying it's the norm, but it's very much not uncommon
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My experience was normal but I waited the full6 weeks.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I had a C-section, so I waited until my stomach didn't feel strange before even trying it. It did hurt - you will be a lot dryer down there for quite sometime,especially if you are breastfeeding, so invest in some good lubricant! :-) We didn't get back into the swing of things until 4 months after.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I could feel pain where my stitches had been. I felt like I was still "loose" I know that it took about 6 months before I started to really feel normal again.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• What was your first sex experience after delivery like? Like regular sex just a bit tighter
    Did it hurt? Not really
    Was your vagina feeling normal as it did before the pregnancy? Just a bit tighter but I did have an epistotomy so I was sewed up
    How long after delivery did you wait. ? 2 weeks, until I stopped bleeding
    Were you scared? A bit but I wanted really bad so I sucked it up and did it

purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• waited 4 weeks after c section didnt hurt but was dry so use lubracant and he was undersytsanding slow at first and gentle
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 4:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I wish one of my friends or relatives would have given me a heads up about this subject beforehand, but they did not. Sex was not fun after delivery. I was on bedrest before my daughter was born, so it was about 3 to 4 months since I had sex...before and after delivery total. I had a c-section and we waited until 5 weeks after for the first attempt...no go. I'm not trying to scare you, but for me, it hurt more than the first time I ever had sex. It took a few more attempts before we were able to complete the mission. It's now been almost 9 months since my daughter was born and it is still a bit uncomfortable at first. In general my vagina feels a little tighter and the top wall feels like it's a bit lower. Sorry to get so graphic, but I feel like I had to get this out for myself just as much as I did for you. And again, I'm not trying to freak you out. Chances are you won't have as negative of an experience as I have.
    APD13

Answer by APD13 at 4:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Its not fun, trust me. It hurts. I had a c-section but he came down and got stuck and I think that's why I'm so sensitive down there.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I had sex 3 weeks after delivery. I had stitches and I was tighter than before I had my baby. It did hurt some the first time but it was great after the pain went away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2008