Ever 'broken up' with a friend and 'gotten back together?"

So I had this really good friend and we ended up getting in a huge fight almost 2 yrs. ago and just stopped talking, cold turkey, just like that. I was pregnant and hormonal and she was not on board my pregnancy (thought I shouldn't be having a kid b/c I was 'too young at 29! Silly, I know). Anyway, I see her post on friends sites on fb sometimes and I miss her. I kind of want to apologize and make up but we got in a huge fight, called each other horrible names and I don't know if it's worth it. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• you've spent this long apart....and survived...lol I wouldn't....it's awkward to get back with friends...things are never the same!
    Anonymous

• I did. I didn't actually have a fight this friend, but I just could not stand her bf and I didn't want to be around them. Then I went away to school, moved out of state....about 20 years later I moved back to hometown and always wondered about her. I tried to call someone w/ same name in the phone book.....it wasn't her. Then, about 10 years ago we completely ran into each other in Staples. She started screaming, crying, her son and my son were standing there like what?????, she starts looking around all wild like---saying Where's Oprah? Where's Oprah???? She apparently had written to the show that she wanted to find ME. So, for the past 10 years I have my friend back.... and she never married that guy, but her son is his son....she hasn't seen her ex- in 15 years (and neither had I). Too many weird similarities. You don't know unless you try. It may not work out, but then again it might!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I did with my best friend when she found out I was pregnant with my second child. After about 1.5 years, I called her up out of the blue and we've been close ever since.

For the anon that says things will never be the same, you're right. Our bond is tighter now. The worst thing that will happen is she will snub you, then you'll know the relationship is lost for good. Either way, you won't be left wondering.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I did after a yr after a fight and then again after another fight 2 yrs that time and we just "broke up" again after like 24 yrs of friendship. It's been a few months and I do miss her but we cant be friends again, I have lost respect for over the yrs, she hasnt been "there for me" like I have for her and this last time I basically told her something she did offended me and she sent a page long email that was really mean, really mean. So Yes if you miss her try, you just never know.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 5:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010