acid reflex

can anyone please tell me what causes this so i can stay away from it. I have had it for the last 3 days and am miserable. Please. In need of some relief.

angeleyes0306

Asked by angeleyes0306 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eat some bread or drink some milk, that will help relieve it. Can't tell you for sure what's causing it, being pregnant it can be a whole variety of things.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Try to avoid spicey things, acidic things (too much citrus, for one), and do not lay down soon after eating (give it like 3 hours). Tell the doc about it too. During pregnancy, as your uterus moves up you are "squishing" your stomach contents, and that is what is usually causing it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• When I was pregnant there didn't seem to be anything I could do to relieve it, especially toward the end. But Tums helped me immensely, I carried them with me at all times and kept them on the nightstand too.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Sometimes it is just a symptom of pregnancy. There was nothing I could do during my last pregnancy to avoid it.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I can't tell you what works to stop it (because I have been dealing with it also my whole pregnancy) but DON"T drink Milk it just makes it worse.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• The best thing to do is talk with your doctor about what the best heartburn med to take while pregnant would be. I take zantac and it only helps for alittle bit. Ive tried avoiding things that could cause it but it seemed to be everything caused it even just drinking water. Milk is really good cuz it coats the lining and ive found cottage cheese to help to but dont drink anything to wash it down for alittle bit let it work its self down.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2010