Will my unemployment automatically renew?

Filed a few months ago, and I believe the last check will be in a week- will it automatically go to a new claim and renew or do I have to do something? it's almost impossible to get a hold of a human being on the phone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• They usually send you a letter to notify you.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Don't know how it works in the state you live in, but this is how it works in the state I live in. Once you exhaust your benefits you don't get to file for unemployment again until you have worked at least one full year before being again laid off. The only exception was when our state qualified for extended benefits because our unemployment rate is so high, and even then once the extension ends, there is no further renewal. Sorry, but chances are your final paycheck wil the last one you'll get from the state.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• You should receive a letter. Gosh I know people who have extended unemployment 3 to 5 times already. I don't know what state you live in, but hopefully it won't be a huge issue for you if you still have not found work.

Anonymous