Planning my first trip to New York. Need some suggestions...

I am planning my first trip to New York City with some of my friends around October. I am sooooo excited. What are some great places to visit or things to do? Places to eat? Thanks for your help!

heathermarie32

Asked by heathermarie32 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with peanutsmommy1 - a hop-on hop-off tour is great because they usually have a running commentary of the route, so even if you don't actually get off and tour an attraction, you learn a little about it.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 5:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• honestly, if it is your first trip I recommend one of the bus tours. You can hop on and off to explore the different areas of the city. The boat tours are awesome as well
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• times square.. u'll find tons of activities and restaurants there
    thats the ''heart'' of new york !
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• check out Chelsey Piers, too....lots to do there too. and Central Park and the Museum of Natural History. and the Statue of Liberty.

OK, Ok, are you bringing kids? What ages??? I'll try to tailor my answer better!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Sorry. No kids this time. Just the girls. And it's a weekend trip.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• OMG I love NYCity!!! There is everything for everybody 24/7. It depends what your into though, as far a restaurants I have found the best int he smallest alleys and corners. Times square is fun, The village is way cool, catch a show, great nightclubs. Sorry I dont have anything specific maybe you can search for some moms who live int he city here who can better advise. Your gonna have so much fun!
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 5:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Thanks! I can't wait! I am a little country bumpkin so this is major for me!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2010