It has recntly come to my attention that I am pregnant with what could be my 4th child . I am a single mother and I am already struggling to raise 3 kids with little to no help from the fathers . I have decided that having an abortion is the best option for me. I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has had an abortion before that can tell me how it works . I'm hoping to get some advice from someone who has been thru it before .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A) There is no god. That theory is a moot point in this decision making process.
    B) Until it is viable OUTSIDE of the womb, it is not life.
    C) When you ASSume, you make an @$$ out of you, and me (or anyone else...

OP- I guess, according to everyone here, I'm an idiot for having to be a single mom with 3 kids as well... I guess, in their eyes, the abuse I suffered at the hands of my ex-husband is also my fault.
    Ignore their BS, they're good at scare tactics, but that is all they have... Contact Planned Parenthood, and get in touch with some of the local support groups as well. You may find that you have all the "Family" you need.
    When you go in for the procedure you will need someone to accompany you, in case anything happens, and to drive you home. You'll need a little time to recover as well. Luck to you- Don't let the holier than thou crowd ruffle your feathers.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I have and it was the worst decision of my life. My advice is to HAVE the baby and consider adoption. There are thousands of families in the US who can't have babies of their own and you could choose the family.
    Anonymous

• sorry that you are going through this situation i would pray about it first!
    Anonymous

• my mom had one a few years before she met my dad & had me & says she still cries about doing it everynight & has since the day she got it done. i would really try to find another option....there are lots of couples that can not have children of their own maybe you could check that out? good luck sweetheart.
    Anonymous

• I think that you need to go somewhere else besides this site. There is to many biased opinions on here, go to a health dept and get all the info. Then make the decision GL to you momma in whatever you choose !!! Please don't listen to any of the bashers on here !!!
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 4:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• so was like a pill or condom or plan b not an option for you?????????? you know how to pick FATHERS for your kids!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry that you are in this position. I have had 3 abortions, each for reasons that have nothing to do with this. My only advice to you is to be absolutely sure that abortion is what YOU want. Don't let other's talk you into anything, and if you don't feel, 100%, that abortion is right for you, don't do it. I have seen women who suffer from abortion regret, and it is awful. I myself do not regret the abortions, but thats just me.
    Anonymous

• How far along are you, how recent is this pregnancy, I wish I could help out. Do you need a hand with your children, and if so, why not ask for relatives to help out??? YOU DON"T have to DO ALL this your self !!!! You can opt to tell the courts and have this man also pay, I know it seems embarassing, but everyone's ass is bare when it comes to delivering a child. It's not cheap, I realize,but cut down on things, just get formulas when it's free, and substitute milk, and WIC is always available. If it's a thing of just not enough hands to help while pregnant, then what ages are your kids/? Does the summer seem the problem since school is out./??? Please talk to some family and explain that and to a church find a good listening pastor/ wife or clergy first, just remember, their could be options, and if it's just for the summer get help and take it one day at a time. (just my opionion, )
    Anonymous

• i seriously dont get women like u !!! you are not in a stable relationship and obviously raising your kids alone ! now you are considering abortion. would it have killed you to use birth control ??
    Anonymous

• thats like a drug addict telling another drug addict you need to stop doing drugs!
    Anonymous