What do you think about Italian people...

...living in the USA? I often read xenophobe comments about minorities and I wonder if that will be a problem for my oldest daughter (she's born in Italy from Italian mom) when she will be older.

shining8250

Asked by shining8250 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Being the granddaughter of Italians who came over on "the boat," I think you've nothing to worry about.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I have no problem have dated and associated with many for me it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with how people behave.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• They make great food! Why would anyone NOT want that here? hahahaha
    Anonymous

• MOST people have no problems with people living LEGALLY in the U.S. I think your just trying to cause issues because of comments about illegals and having to press 1 English. Nobody cares about your Italian daughter living in the US. If she acts right, pays taxes, supports herself why would it be an issue? I don't know anyone that is "Italian" of course I don't go around asking people where they are from.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

Ditto.
    Anonymous

• I'm 25% Italian...so I'm fine with it! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I think my dad was 50% Italian... So what! I see people as people as people - regardless of where they were born or HOW/WHEN/WHY they come here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• LOL Anon poster (third poster down) said exactly what I was thinking. LOL.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Hopefully your daughter won't experience any racism in this country but don't be fooled by these responses it does exist. Some where here in America there is some fool and his family that has a grudge against Italians because of something he heard from his grandpa and he can't stand Italians....hopefully your daughter doesn't run into that jerk! LOL, Good luck!
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 5:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• This is REAL basic. She is here LEGALLY GREAT!!!!!! It's not xenophobia to be against people that are here illegally. :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2010