Are your kids allowed to make a mess in order to have fun?

Mine are but VERY occesionally. Like once or twice a year!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• How do they have fun without making a mess? That's my question. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• yep, then she helps clean it up.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• make a mess in order to have fun

Of Course

no drawing on the wall,
    or food fights
    youngest (almost three) encouraged to not make mess just to have fun making one
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• same here! I am a very neat person, and they donnot need to make a hge mess to enjoy themselves! Thats a little silly! B-day and christmas.OKAY!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Definatelly! My dd is 5 and loves fingerpainting, doing projects with paper etc. She ALWAYS makes a mess!! But the mess usually stays in the playroom. She's allowed to pain on the walls and do whatever she likes in there.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 4:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• By the look of their room, I'd say definitely. But it has to be contained. I don't like toys downstairs.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• DD gets to be messy in spots lol. When she finger paints she is allowed on a vinyl table cloth and nowhere else until cleaned off, she is allowed to spread my pots and pans across the kitchen, etc. Clutter: okay because it's going to be picked up right away, paint, markers etc:only in one place and then only on a covered surface.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Of course, I have and then after we clean it up. You only live once!
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 4:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Of course! From the time they were little, up until now that they are teens. Art projects, Lego villages, Forts in the living room, Cooking, Plays, Science experiments. If you do not let them make a mess how can they be creative? How can they learn? How can they discover who they are or the world around them? No one is going to give you a medal for having a clean home. Yet, Your children may just be rewarded one day for their advances in science, as a brilliant actor or director, an artist, a chef, an architect. When you put a limit on their space, on the mess they make, you put a limit on their imagination. That is just sad. Kids and a house can me washed quit easy. Life is to be enjoyed, create a mess!
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 4:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• What kind of mess are you talking about?

My kids crawl through puddles, pour sand on their heads, dig for worms, and roll in grass. Bath time is not an option, it's a necessity.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 4:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2010