MY MOTHER.Would this make you upset?

Okay, so I'm a little hormonal from teh pregnancy.So my judgement may be off here and I need to vent and get some support from daughters of sometimes irritating mothers,lol.
Heres a quick breakdown.Were having a grad party for my step son the 19th.We've decided to combine the party with my dh's ex.The ex has informed us that about 60 of her friends and family are coming.WHOA!I'm ok with it, really I am..but undeerstandably..I fear I may be a little uncomfortable.All my friends and family conviently have other plans for that day..and I so badly need a little moral backup,lol.Anyway,I told me mom I need her on that day and she won't give me a straight answer if shes coming or not.I never ask her for much and I always find a way to make it to everything for her.After I txt her one last time asking if shes coming she says prolly not and then txts me saying she feels bad she can't attend a friends sons babyshower because (CONT>>>)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh. And of course you should be upset. Your feelings are never right or wrong, they just ARE. It's what you DO that matters.

You already know you can't trust mom, ever. So learn your lesson and move on.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• she has no money because she just had to pay for her dogs vet bill...basically hinting for me to let her boroow money to go to this shower. MIND YOU...she hasn't seen this lady since I was a kid and when I was a kid, this ladies son was at least 5 years younger than me so its not like they are all chummy.At first, I decided not to txt my mom back because it kinda hurt my feelings and I didnt want to say anything that I'd regret.But I couldnt help it. I txtd her and asked how a babyshower for some kid she barely knows is more important than coming to my stepsons grad party at our house AND when I need her here for moral support. Am I out of line here? Its not often I ask my mom to be here for me for anything, I really don't.So, that alone should tell her how much it does mean to me to have her here on that day.
    I just hope that in the future, I will be there for my kids the way I've needed her to be and she never was.
    Anonymous

• Is there a reason why she is beating around the bush about attending the party? My mom has no part in my life so in a way I know how you feel... I don't think you are being unreasonable
    Anonymous

• give her a break .. she's ure mom. i would anything for my mom to be here with me right now. so be thankful for that
    Anonymous

• I'd be pissed!! My mom is the same way though. Does she like your stepson?
    Anonymous

• No, I won't give her a break. Yeah, shes my mom...she should be here once in awhile when I need her. I am always there for her. for EVERYTHING. She calls, I'm there. She just acts so selfish sometimes. You'd have to know the whole story of our lives to understand. But this was like the icing on the cake for me with her today. The one and only time I tell her I really NEED her and she acts like this. I know the reason she's beating around the bush...its because she is waiting to see if any better plans come along for that day..if not then she'll show.And that, to me is messed up.She's always been like that and I', so tired of it.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, she seems to like my stepson..all of my stepchildren for that matter...although she really hasnt been around any of them very often.
    Anonymous

• Considering the kind of person you already KNOW she is...you really do NOT need her there. In fact, she shouldn't even KNOW about this party...because she'd likely to throw you under the bus in front of everyone.

You don't need anyone but YOU for moral support. Remember...YOU are the one who is now married to your husband. Not the ex. YOU are the one in a position to host said party...if Ex was so great, she wouldn't need you to host 60 of HER friends. Hold your head high. YOU are BETTER than her.

It says a hell of a lot about HER that she needs 60 people to make her feel good at YOUR home, dontcha think?

Answer by gdiamante at 5:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2010