Questions for Hard Core Creationists...

First, before I ask anything I want to point out that I do NOT discount creation. I personally believe in Creator guided evolution. But these are questions I've always had and just never asked...

1.) Do you think that God/Creator is STILL creating new species?
1b.) If not why do you believe we continue to find new species?
2.) Why do you think creatures such as the Dinosaurs and other pre-historic creatures went extinct.
3.) WHY do you think life was created in the first place?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i beleive that new spieces are being created. as for your other questions, i don't know. i belive in creator guided evolution as well. i'm curious as to what other answers will be.
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 5:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• 1. no
    2. because we evolve and adapt
    3.any number of things..could be the big bang theory...global warming...who knows?
    4.i have a problem with the word creation. I can understand that i created my son. thats acceptable to me. The first human ever getting here though...why do i think he/she got here and how? idk for sure..its all about molecules and stuff that we're made of meeting together. I don't think some creator put us here. It just happend. Do we serve a purpose? no, not really. We are intellegent though and you would think with everything we've come to learn about Earth our purpose should be to keep it clean and take better care of it so we don't become extinct like the dinosaurs.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• 1.) Do you think that God/Creator is STILL creating new species? Yes, of course! If I were God, I would be. It sounds fun :)

1b.) If not why do you believe we continue to find new species?N/A

2.) Why do you think creatures such as the Dinosaurs and other pre-historic creatures went extinct. There are many different theories . Each have validity. I don't know so i'm not going to speculate.

3.) WHY do you think life was created in the first place? That's the million dollar question isn't it! LOL. I dont know! AHHHHH

I just believe that God created the earth and its creatures, but I also believe in evolution. It's pretty much proven :) Or is it a device of devil? dun dun dun......ha!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Ladies thank you for your answers. However I was hoping not to hear from others who believed in evolution - AT ALL! I am a firm believer in CGE, and understand how it works. I was hoping to hear from those who ONLY believe in Creation (aka Hard Core Creationists)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• do you mind sharing with us what you think?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• 1. I do not believe that God is still "creating" new species, but he does create something new, in every womb where there is a baby present.
    I believe that we "find" new things as we come across them, or as things are cross-bred, and such.
    2. I believe that after the flood, there were several animal species to become extinct...I'm not sure why, but the Bible even mentions Unicorns!!!
    3. I believe that life was created, because God wanted fellowship. He created man to fellowship with him. It's a shame we don't do enough of what we were created to do. Even though he KNEW what would happen, it must have been worth it to Him. I can't imagine Him still making man, even though He knew our choices would one day lead Him to the Cross. But, I thank Him often that He chose the Cross.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• To clarify what I am about to say, here is the Webster difinition of "species" : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/species  By that definition, yes, new species are being created because genetic codes still change.  And yes, I believe that God has a hand in that, not as evolution on a macro scale but on a micro scale, great dane to chihuahua if you will.  It also explains the "discovery" of new species- they are just mutations that were undocumented until now because the number of possible genetic combinations even within a small group is astounding.   CONT

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• CONT Since I am what you would call a hard core creationist, I also believe that the Flood of the Bible happened. A worldwide flood would significantly change the atmosphere of the entire planet, and some animals were unable to adapt to that change (yes, that is the basic premise of "survival of the fittest"- it isn't limited to only evolutionary science) Then there is the famine, disease, hunting that still occurs today- enough to wipe out entire populations at a time. As for why? For me, because God wanted to! :)
    preacherskid

• Shay, I believe in CGE, as I stated. So I DO believe in evolution. I just see it as a tool the Gods use. And I don't believe it will ever stop. But because I believe in evolution I don't question when new species are found or when older ones dies out... I just see it as a part of the cycle. As for why were we created? Because if we weren't there would be no Gods - there would be no need for them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• 1.) Do you think that God/Creator is STILL creating new species?
    ~ No. God created the entire Heavens and the Earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th.

~ Because we haven't been to the ends of the Earth.

~In the flood of Noah's time. The Bible talks of 'great creatures' in some extent before this time.

~To have companionship and to have us worship Him.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2010