do you have any friends whom seem kind of hard to talk to? making converstion wise?

so i have this friend whom i love dearly but in simple conversations she just makes it hard to keep talking to her. this was sort of our conversation today:

me...how are you?
her...good, im with my baby.
me...oh who's your baby? your man or did you just have a baby?
her... what do you mean?
me...i was asking you if your baby is your man
her...what?
me....it was just a question whether or not you had a baby or if you were referring to your man.
her....my man.
me...i figured that.
her...so why'd you ask?
me...i was kidding

its not just a this conversations but its like almost every conversation i have with her she cant seem to understand a whole lot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with lowen! If I can't have a normal conversation with someone they don;t remain on my friends list for long--rather they move to my "casual acquaintances" list. I'm still civil, but I keep a distance. All relationships take some degree of effort. If you have to work really hard at making the relationship "work" then it's not a balanced/healthy one. Some people are just not "talkers" and it can definitely make it difficult or awkward most times! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Just change the subject, she wasn't looking for conversation..... or maybe she isn't feeling well, wrong time of month, pregs, or just hot from the weather.
    Anonymous

• I can't make friends with people I don't conversate well with. Maybe it's just me. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I have a daughter in her 20's with Aspergers and it is very hard to have a conversation with her. Things just don't "click" the way it does for most. I do understand though I really do, I have no real advice to offer just some understanding.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2010