Do you believe in "White Privilege"?

Read examples here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3986/forums/read/11512876/This_Is_Your_Nation_on_White_Privilege?next=1#replies

Do you think we need to teach about this philosophy in our schools because "living this way is stopping all of the other races from going forward"???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Tim Wise is ignorant!!!
    Anonymous

• The exact reason racism will never end. Too many people out there trying to get everyone riled up and pissed off at a race other than their own. Sickening.
    Anonymous

• do you mean black privilege? I don't think i even have to read this..but how long has it been since whites have had any "special privileges"..um yeah, i don't think so.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• LMAO...ok had I the time or the inclination I could go through each of those and prove her wrong.......but you cant fix stupid and if she wants to believe that drivel thats all her :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Whats White privilage? I don't think it exists
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• White privilege absolutely DOES exist, and I find it funny that it's always white people who say otherwise.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 6:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• okay, i force myself to read some of that. so she is mad because a white kid calls himself a redneck. omg. what about all these black kids calling themselve nigs and then freaking out when a white person calls them that. This lady needs to wake up and smell the sunshine. oh, and the little white boy uses his gun to HUNT..not to shoot his brother.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• if white privilege exist its only in political office with all the clowns..not in the real world
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• White privilege? You mean the privilege to not get the same welfare benefits as other American citizens because of our skin color, not hired because of quota laws and affirmative action, to be talked badly of daily on the news, and to be accused of racism from everyone with a drop of non-Caucasian blood (as in "I'm 1/64th Dominican, I can't be a racist!)? Sure that exists.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 6:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Oh good. I was wondering where I could go to find all the reasons, none of which apply to my family because we are not rich, republican or "rednecks" that like to shoot guns, why white people are the devil and holding down every other race in the country. I should have come here first. I guess the writer forgot about our African American president, all the people of color who hold positions in politics, actors, musicians, authors, athletes, etc. Blaming the white people for everything that is wrong here is tired and more offensive than I care to read about anymore.
    Anonymous