What would be a fair rate to pay my DCP?

My 3 year old has been going to the same lady since he was 1. She started off charging us $150 a week and then bumped up to $160 per week which included meals and snacks. Well now we're going to be sending my 4 month old daughter to her. Originally, DD was going to be kept my MIL until she was about a year, but that arrangement isn't working out. The babysitter has agreed to take DD and put the ball in our court in terms of pricing. She would have DS 5 days a week, and DD 3 days a week max. She feels like she shouldn't charge us the full price because now she has 2 kids from 1 family, and she won't have DD all week. I was thinking maybe $25 a day? $75 for the 3 days and $125 for a full week although it would be awhile before DD goes all 5 days. Once DS is in preschool, I would definitely bump it up to what we're paying for him now if not more.

Journey311

Asked by Journey311 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds fair, ask her about that price and see what she say.

Will she be buying formula or handeling Breast milk? If so then maybe bump it up by the amount the formula cost for three days.
    Anonymous