Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't file a report?!?!

This girl so my license and I called the police but they said I can't file a report until she uses it..... WTF!?!?! She doesn't have a license and I don't want her racking up tickets or worse.... is there anyone else I can call?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Call the Sargent and have them do it. The police are bound by law that they HAVE to file a report if you request it. Period. If they refuse call the Sargent and request that they do it instead. You shouldn't have to wait until she uses it and destroys your identity.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • I had my license stolen and went and made a report immediatly. If who you talked to would not do it-go to their boss and so on and so on until it is done. That is rediculous.

    Answer by Carajust at 6:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • Absolutely ridiculous! I have never heard of this before. I mean if you don't make a report anything she does with your license is your responsibility! You should go to the police station if at all possible and take care of it in person. This should be done ASAP. Good luck to you!

    Answer by MrsAJLaw at 6:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • Call the Department of Motor Vehicles, which issued your ID. AND call the credit bureaus.

    Answer by gdiamante at 6:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • If something is stolen, YES they can file a report! Who is to say she's NOT using it? It actually belongs to the state and they need to retrieve it. Go to the DMV and report it stolen there. Then THEY will report it to the police.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.