Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone give me good advise

ok so when i was about 10 i was molested by my aunts husband, my dad knew.cps was involed but nothing was ever done about it i dont why. my mom passed away when i was 8 so thats half of the reason nothing was done. so now im 18 and i just found out he has done it again to my 11 year old cusin and that they dont plan on doin anything. im so mad that he has done this again what can i do or were can i call so that this son of a bitch can finally get what he deserves.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (14)
  • I'd call CPS for her. Hopefully in the process,you can report what you went thru as a child. Good luck hon!

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • Call the police. If you know that this has happened, you should call the police and report it. You may want to check your state's statute of limitations and see if YOU can press charges for yourself, I know some cases you can and some you can't. But double check to be sure. If nothing else, contact your police department (or the one that this latest victim lives in) and ask them if there's anything that they can or will do about this issue.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • Actually, I'm pretty certain you can press charges regarding the abuse he's done to you. Proving it is another story being so far long ago. But maybe your dad will help you out. At any rate, contact CPS and the police department.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • Did they get CPS involved? I can't believe CPS didn't do anything. If you have proof I'd call the police and let them go over and check it out. Will your cousin say that it happened or is she scared? I'd have her tell everyone she knows till someone listens. Teachers, close adults or even a friends parent if she has to. This guy needs to be in jail.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • Call the police. You can still press charges of your own.

    Answer by gdiamante at 6:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • I am sorry to hear this, thank you for sharing. I too have been molested and nothing was done, my uncle molested more than half the girls in the family. Call the police, call CPS, call anyone who will listen, this child needs you. Please don't let another sun set before you call some one dear. Be strong and be her voice, her angel. May you have the strength to do this.

    Answer by MrsAJLaw at 6:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • Talk to the police, or a lawyer.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • You call CPS for your cousin and you call the police and file a report for your own abuse. I'm sorry. :(

    Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • Call CPS and the cops yourself. Tell them what he did to you and tell them how he is doing it to someone else. I'm sorry no one was there for you when you were in her situation but you need to be her voice. Don't let the cycle repeat its self. Have them do something about it!

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

  • I can either ADVISE you, or give you ADVICE. Anyway, I agree with everyone else. Report it to every agency you can. Take it to the news if nothing gets done.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.